Thursday, November 8, 2012

Being Brave

Ever since I had cancer, I have felt more vulnerable, pretty much in all aspects of life. I think it has to do with the realization that anything can happen. So I've felt more cautious, more in need of being near family, particularly my dear husband.

So I'm trying to conquer that, or at least mitigate it somewhat. And tomorrow I will be off on an adventure! For the first time in my life, I am driving off a couple of states away for a conference for work. I'm not that much afraid of the drive, but I don't relish checking into the hotel and maneuvering around a strange place alone. I'm doing it, though!

Praying I don't get halfway there and panic. I REALLY want to go to this conference, and I REALLY want to be a strong woman. So here goes!!

1 comment:

  1. Gail, you are very brave! This is a big step, but you defeated cancer, so everything else is will come easy to you in comparison.

    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete